With Firefox 0.9 due to be released either on Saturday, June 12th or Monday, June 14th, I have been working on getting both the User Agent Switcher and Web Developer extensions compatible with the new extension manager. Both extensions are now ready to go and I am just doing some final testing before releasing them.
User Agent Switcher 0.4 will not be a major update, but as well as Firefox 0.9 compatibility there is now localized language support and the number of user agents is now configurable and unlimited.
Web Developer 0.8, on the other hand, is a major update and includes many new features, improvements and bug fixes along with Firefox 0.9 compatibility. The full list of changes is pretty big, but the highlights are:
- Added the features:
- Clear Session Cookies
- Disable Image Animations
- Display Access Keys
- Display Block Size
- Display Current Size in Title
- Display Link Paths
- Display Tab Index
- Display Topographic Information
- Make Form Fields Writable
- Outline Frames
- Outline Images With Empty Alt Attributes
- Populate Form Fields
- Show Comments
- Added a Pinstripe theme and updated the Qute theme
- Added better tab and window support
- Added localized language support
- Colors for all features that display tooltips are now configurable
- Fixed bugs:
- Opening a popup window with the toolbar in text mode crashed the browser
- Status icons became invisible with the toolbar in text mode
- ‘Validate Local CSS’ was not working
- Improved the ‘Edit CSS’ feature:
- Font is now monospaced and the size is configurable
- Style sheets are now displayed in separate tabs
- Removed all unnecessary page refreshes
I have also tidied the menus a little and added a new top-level menu ‘CSS’ which will require any Web Developer themes to be updated. I will update the theming instructions and post in the MozillaZine Themes forum with instructions on what needs to be changed.
Look for both extensions to be released sometime this weekend.