Currently the director of front-end engineering at Bleacher Report.
May 2009 – present
Director of Front-end Engineering at Bleacher Report
October 2001 – May 2009
Technical Architect at Razorfish
- Architected and implemented a number of successful enterprise-scale web site launches and redesigns
- Equally adept managing and developing both the front-end and back-end of a web site
- Worked directly with clients and managed teams of more than five developers
- A leader in the front-end development group advocating web standards both internally and to clients
July 1998 – September 2001
Senior Developer at Quidnunc
- Technical lead on a variety of projects with responsibilities including pre-sales, analysis, design, implementation, testing and training
- Part of the core team that opened the San Francisco office after transferring from London
July 1997 – September 1997
Developer at ICL Advanced Technology Centre
- Built intelligent, autonomous agents using alpha-release IBM software to develop custom genetic algorithms in Java
- Presented work to a number of multi-national insurance and banking companies
HTML & CSS
Over 10 years of experience writing HTML and CSS incorporating web standards and semantic markup.
Expertise in architecting and developing using Java for a variety of e-commerce web sites serving millions of users.
Experience developing PHP for both clients and personal work.
Firefox Extension Author
Firefox Contest Winner
Winner of a grand prize in the inaugural Extend Firefox contest for the Web Developer extension in the “Best Upgraded Extension” category.
Interviewed by Om Malik for an article about the rise of Firefox in Business 2.0 magazine.
1995 – 1998
BSc (Honors) degree in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence and Psychology from Nottingham University, England
Degree covered topics from object modeling and user interface design to cognitive psychology and neural networks. The final year project was an artificial intelligence study in “evolving” pursuit and evasion strategies using genetic algorithms written in Java.
This resume is available at chrispederick.com/resume/ marked up using microformats and iPhone compatible.