Web Developer Help
If you are having problems installing the extension for Firefox then please try the following:
- If you are having problems upgrading the extension then please uninstall the extension before upgrading. If the browser is unusable after upgrading then try starting the browser in safe mode and uninstalling the extension.
- Try restarting your computer and installing the extension again.
- Try saving the extension to your machine (by right-clicking or ctrl-clicking the download link and choosing 'Save Link As...') and dragging the saved extension into your browser window to start the install.
- Try installing the extension in a new profile.
The above dialog is shown when installing the extension in Chrome. It is a standard message shown by Chrome that indicates that the extension has full access to all the user's data on all web sites in order for all of its features to work. None of this data is accessed beyond the needs of the features of the extension and no personal data is sent from the extension to a third-party apart from for the third-party features such as validators.
The current Chrome APIs do not allow cookies to be added to or edited on the localhost domain.
Please star this bug and hopefully the APIs will be updated.
No Chrome extensions are allowed to run on the Chrome Extension Gallery for security reasons.
The keyboard shortcuts are configurable through the extension options. Check that the chosen shortcuts are not conflicting with other shortcuts used in the extension, other extensions or the browser itself.
No. The extension allows the user to configure the list of resize dimensions and tools. The defaults are provided purely as examples.
The toolbar is customizable and some or all of the buttons may need to be added from the customize palette:
- Right-click on the toolbar and choose 'Customize...'.
- Drag any missing buttons from the 'Customize Toolbar' window to the toolbar or click 'Restore Default Set' and click 'Done'.
This is a bug in Firefox.
If you are upgrading from a previous version of the extension you may see an unresponsive script warning when using the 'Display Style Information' feature. Unfortunately the only known way to fix this issue is to install the extension in a new profile.
The 'DOM Inspector' and 'Display Style Information' features require the DOM Inspector extension and if it is not available then the feature is automatically disabled.
- From the menu bar select 'View'.
- Select 'Toolbars'.
- Select 'Web Developer Toolbar'.
Except for the 'Disable' features, most of the features in the Web Developer extension are reset by default when the page refreshes. By enabling the 'Pin Features' option the features will remain active even when the page refreshes.
The localizations need to be re-written for version 1.2 and since they are created by third-parties I have no control over how quickly that happens.
If you would like to help by updating a localization that would be greatly appreciated.
Starting with version 1.1.7 the standard and localized builds have been combined to streamline the build and release process.
No support is provided for the localizations since they are created by third-parties.
I only work on the extension in my free time so it is not possible for me to guarantee any release date for future versions of the extension.