Image from January 11th, 2023 at 11:31am
My reading has dramatically slowed since I started working from home in 2020. Now that I no longer have a commute, I’m still trying to work out a good time in my day when I read. Therefore, unfortunately, I only read seven books across 2021 & 2022 combined:
- The Cat Owner’s Manual by David Brunner ★★★★☆
- The Adventure Zone: Crystal Kingdom by Clint McElroy ★★★★★
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport ★★★★☆
- Winnie-The-Pooh by A.A. Milne ★★★★★
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World by Cal Newport ★★★☆☆
- Transitions: Making Sense of Life’s Changes by William Bridges ★☆☆☆☆
- Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day by Jake Knapp ★★★★☆
From this brief list, these were my highlights:
- Favorite fiction book: Winnie-The-Pooh by A.A. Milne
- Favorite non-fiction book: Make Time: How to Focus on What Matters Every Day by Jake Knapp
- Least favorite book: Transitions: Making Sense of Life’s Changes by William Bridges
If you want to see what (little) I’m reading throughout the year then you can follow me on Goodreads.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate of Bookshop.org and I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
Post from January 9th, 2023 at 3:41pm
I added a notice to Read Ruler that it is no longer maintained or supported and will not be accessible after May 1st, 2023. Reading time was previously added directly in Pocket anyway, and I’ve now fully moved to Readwise Reader.